Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mixed Feelings Over Fev

While I think this story is hilarious, I think it's also quite sad at the same time.

I'm not a fan of Fev, so I think it's really very amusing that Carlton are at the point where they'd pay a club to take him. I also think that in some ways he deserves it. He's acted like a drunken dickhead far too many times, and if he's had the appropriate warnings, then fair enough that he should be dumped.

However, it does remind me of the whole Ben saga. I do think that footy teams have a duty of care to their players. He obviously has an issue and I do think that in some ways Carlton is responsible. If it wasn't for them, his drunken behaviour wouldn't have become big news and he possibly wouldn't even have the problem in the first place. Instead of dumping him, perhaps they needed to look at stricter conditions on his employment contract, compulsory AA meetings or something along those lines. Don't just leave him high and dry when he needs the most help and support.

So let me know what you think...

2 comments:

  1. You know my opinion and it is much the same. Quite frankly the only wrong that Fev has committed is getting pissed at the staff christmas party, really! Yes he should be dragged over the coals by management, yes he should be made an example of what not to do ... but he also has a history of this and Carlton should have stepped in years ago. The club has shirked the real issue and instead are trying to offload onto another club. Bad form!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the wake of poor Benny getting the flick for nothing, I think the same for Fev. They're so damned quick to encourage the behaviour but so slow in finally trying to curb it before it's out of control.

    ReplyDelete