Thursday, October 29, 2009

In the interest of gender equality....

For my birthday party, I asked that people bring a donation to the Girl's Night In fundraiser for women's cancers in lieu of a present. I pledged that in the interest of gender equality, I would match the total amount fundraised and donate this to the men's equivalent, Call to Arms.

It is with great pride that I donated $390 to Call to Arms today. I thank all of my friends for donating to my event so we could raise this amount of money.

I donated this money in honour of my father and other men like him who are battling prostate cancer. I donated this money in the hope that we will one day rid the world of this disease. My thoughts go out to all those who are affected by cancer and I wish you all the very best in your fight.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea. Congratulations for gathering so much money for cancer charities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done babe ... big pats on the back for you! It is no mean feat to raise close to $800 for charities, particularly given that it was instead of you receive presents.

    ReplyDelete