Sunday, November 8, 2009

Jenson Carter Williams

My friends, Ali and Carter, welcomed their baby Jenson Carter Williams into the world on Monday 26th October 2009.

Paul and I didn't want to disturb the new family, so we waited very patiently for a good time to visit. That time was yesterday. We finally got to meet Jenson, although he wasn't nearly as excited about meeting us as we were about meeting him. Haha!

We brought some Red Hill cheese and nibbles for lunch and a bottle of champagne to toast Jenson's safe arrival and sat outside in the lovely weather and chatted, ate and drank, while baby Jenson slept through it all. I also brought practically a year's supply of frozen lasagne for Ali and Carter from a big cook up I had last weekend. I hoped that they didn't think I thought they were incompetent and that it would give them more time together as a family. Fingers crossed!

My camera came along too and I did the paparazzi thing. One day he'll be big enough to run away from the camera, but until then, he's gonna have to put up with my lens in his face.

So here are the pics...
Jenson 01
Jenson 02
Sleeping peacefully

Jenson 03Jenson 04
Jenson 5
In Mum's arms

Jenson 06Jenson 07
Jenson 08Jenson 09
In Dad's arms

Jenson 10
Back to Mum

Jenson 11Jenson 12
Jenson 16

Jenson 17
Jenson 18
Jenson 19
Jenson 20
Jenson 21
From whinging to sleeping peacefully in 0.3 seconds

Jenson 27
Jenson 28
Jenson 29
Jenson 30
Jenson13Jenson 14
Jenson 15
For Posterity

Jenson 26Jenson 22
Jenson 24Jenson 25
On Mum's knee

Jenson 23
"I'm not in this photo am I?!"

So you can probably tell from the photos that I think he's pretty cute. It was great to see Ali and Carter again and it was a really fun afternoon. I look forward to spending more time like that together in the future. Lets hope the weather doesn't get too hot too fast so it's not completely unbearable to catch the train in the middle of the day!!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos R, and what a lovely friend you are, they would have loved the food its a huge help!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun, great to see them both again ... although it was only 2 weeks prior that we last saw them! lol But how things have changed for them since!! Ali looked great and both Ali and Carter were happy and relaxed, I am really happy for them both. Oh yeah, and Jenson is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures show how cute the baby is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are gorgeous! I am Ali's oldest sister and it is so nice to see the pictures--there can never be too many. And there is NO such thing as too much lasagne (plus A&C are not as competent as they pretend to be =) Isiah, Caroline and I miss them desperately so thank you for making our day--LOVE all of the photos! Glad they have such good friends in AUS! Liza

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Sarah and Angela.

    Hi Liza. Thanks for your lovely comments!

    Paul, you're right. Ali and Carter were both very relaxed and happy. Parenting suits them.

    ReplyDelete