Sunday, November 8, 2009

Home Made Toasted Museli

I don't like fruit in museli. Therefore my choices are limited. So one day I decided I'd try my hand at making it for myself. I thought that it might be cheaper too, but alas I was mistaken. It's about on par with one of the nice fruit free brands, but not the cheaper stuff.
So here's my recipe. I eat it in the morning with yoghurt and sometimes fresh fruit. This amount usually lasts us about 3 weeks.
Museli

Ingredients
250g slivered almonds
200g pepitas
200g sunflower seeds
200g hazelnuts
200g walnuts
900g rolled oats
250g honey
100g flaxseed oil
500g processed wheat bran (kind of looks like all bran)

Directions
Preheat oven to 200. Toast nuts and seeds until golden (approx 15 minutes stirring once).
Mix honey and flazseed oil in a large bowl. Add oats and toss until coated. Toast for 10 minutes then stir and toast for another 5-10 minutes until golden.
Allow nuts, seeds and oat mix to cool. Mix all toasted ingredients with wheat bran in a large container.

1 comment:

  1. And I have to say it tastes a lot better than the expensive supermarket brands! A better nut (the nice stuff) to oat/bran (the healthy stuff) ratio. :-)

    ReplyDelete