Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ingredient of the Month #2: Beetroot

I've only just remembered that it's a new month and thus time to change my ingredient of the month. I'll try and pace myself with this one, unlike last month. This one's also a little healthier!!

So this month my ingredient is beetroot (or beets if you come from the US). Both the leaves and the bulb/root are edible, so I'll try and think of recipes for both. I've already bought my veggies for this week, though, so I won't be able to start the challenge until Saturday at the earliest.

Let me know if you're going to join in and feel free to link to your recipes in the comments :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm in luck with this one, I think. I've got tiny beets growing in my back yard. They aren't forming the root-part at all, but I've been able to wash the leaves and add them to other salad greens. I should go out and thin them to make room for them to form actual beets. I'd get quite a few leaves for salad that way. I suppose I could steam them.

    ReplyDelete