Thursday, November 19, 2009

Beetroot Salad

It's been really warm lately, so we've been eating lots of salads. I thought I'd combine salad with the ingredient of the month and make a beetroot salad.

I boiled cubes of beetroot for the salad and the water went bright magenta. I thought it looked pretty cool, so I took a pic.

Boiling Beetroot

The salad consisted of beetroot, orange, baby spinach, beetroot leaves and topped with crumbled goats cheese.

Beetroot Salad

I served the salad with a BBQ'ed porterhouse steak (cooked by Paul).

Dinner

2 comments:

  1. When I buy beets, I often roast them in the oven, peel them with vinyl gloves, and then slice them thinly and keep the slices in the fridge to add to salad.

    The most fun thing about eating beets is the way my pee turns reddish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol!! It does turn a very funny shade of pink.

    That's a good idea with the roasting. I might give that a try next week.

    ReplyDelete