Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Herbs

I've been wanting to grow a herb garden for a while now, but living in a rental house with a courtyard garden means that we don't have much control over what plants we can grow. I finally decided that I would buy some seeds to plant in a terracotta pot that I have. I settled on coriander and Italian parsley as they're two of the most used herb in my kitchen. Well, aside from rosemary, but my pot isn't big enough for a rosemary bush!

My parsley didn't grow :( but my coriander did :D

After one week, they were just starting to poke through the soil. I have to tell you that I was so excited when I saw those shoots. It was one of the best feelings.

After 3 weeks, the proper leaves have started growing. It's so exciting watching the progress of these little plants. It really is the small things that make you happy!
Homegrown Coriander

1 comment:

  1. Your little seedlings look nice and not leggy the way mine do when I start things from seed. I think it's a lack of light problem.

    ReplyDelete