Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Gentlemen

The first of my posts about my trip to Adelaide on the last weekend of November will be about my parents cats, Marco and Oscar, aka 'The Gentlemen".

The boys are very cute, although a little aloof. Marco loves his tummy being rubbed and Oscar likes being picked up by Mum and Megs, but didn't take to me. I think I was too eager. Next time I'll play it cool and play hard to get. Then, he'll cuddle me. Haha! I say that now, but as soon as I see their cute faces, I'll just pick him up and he'll run off. lol

Consequently, I have more photos of Marco than I do of Oscar.

Here's Marco:
Lick!
Marco
He's lying upsidedown on the chair and putting his head through the hole under the armrest. I've flipped the following pics so his head isn't upsidedown.
Marco
Marco

It is very important that a Gentleman stays clean at all times.
Marco

Marco's tail has a kink in it that makes it bend 90 degrees towards the tip. This is not curled, it's how it is naturally.
Marco's Tail

Anything makes for a fun toy or sleeping place, such as this pillowcase
Marco in a Pillowcase

This is Oscar:
Oscar
Oscar
Oscar


Marco likes to play in his red cube. Lots of hide-and-seek style games can be played in there and it's a great vantage point from which to view the world and pounce on unsuspecting passers by.
Peeping
Looking Out
Marco
Marco
Marco
Marco
Marco


If there's one thing that the Gentlemen really excel at, it's relaxation. They know how to sleep. They can do it just about anywhere and in almost any position. Here are some fine examples.

Marco:
Marco
Marco
Marco
Marco
Marco

Oscar:
Oscar
Yes, he was asleep here and not just trying to get away from me!

Together:
Sleeping Cats


While I was there, we had a visit from Kate and Granny who brought along Tuppy, The Gentlemen's new cousin. It's fair to say that Oscar isn't Tuppy's biggest fan
Attack Mode
They both kept a watchful eye on her for the entire visit, but fortunately no blood was shed!
The Boys Watching On

And here's Tuppy herself. She's very sweet natured and has such a cute face.
Tuppy
Sweet Face
Tuppy
Tuppy

Tuppy with Granny and Kate:
Kate, Granny and Tuppy


So now you've got to know the Adelaide branch of my furry family. They're all very loveable and photogenic, as pets should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment