Monday, December 14, 2009

And Other Stuff

This post is to sum up the rest of my trip to Adelaide that didn't fit into the last two categories...

I got to spend quality time with Mum and Dad, which was nice. I miss my family, living halfway across the country, so it's good to be able to spend time with them just relaxing and catching up. Mum and I even managed to fit in some pampering and got a manicure each on Friday afternoon.

My lovely friend Casey volunteered to act as chauffeur for the weekend, so I also was able to spend some quality time catching up with her while she drove me here there and everywhere.

The reason for going to Adelaide in the first place was Megan's 30th birthday. That's Megan the friend, not Megan the sister. All photos from the birthday celebrations are up on facebook.

Megan had hired a house at Carrickalinga which had a great balcony and a lovely view. It was a shame that the weather wasn't better for it! Stage 1 was a family friendly dinner with her folks and mine, plus myself and Casey on the Friday night. This was such a fun night. It was very relaxed and I'm pretty sure I spent 80% of the night laughing. Lots of wine was drunk and we had a lovely bbq dinner cooked by Megan's dad.

Stage 2 was on Saturday night and was the party night. We had another bbq dinner, where Megan managed to cook enough sausages to feed a small army. They were very tasty though, as was all the food. We got a bit boozy and played a music quiz and Singstar on the playstation. As usual, I sucked at both, but the fun is in the participation, not in the winning. I'll just keep telling myself that. Haha!

I also managed to fit in a lunchdate with Skye, who I met on a wedding forum over 5 years ago and have been chatting with online ever since. This wasn't our first meeting, but it was the first where we could chat just the two of us. We kept chatting for such a long time that Skye almost missed her next photo shoot and I kept poor Kristin waiting for our photoshoot. Kristin is a photographer and needed some subjects for her portraiture course. The pics turned out great and you can some of Kristin's other work here.

I met up with Skye in the botanic gardens, so I'll finish up this blog with some pics I took in there while I waited for her to finish up with some clients.

Amazon Water Lily
Water Lily
Fountain
Arbour

1 comment:

  1. Kristin's photos of you are fabulous ... what a hottie!!

    ReplyDelete