Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ballet Debut

Last night I went to the ballet and I even managed to drag Paul along. Although I've been to lots of modern dance performances, this was my first time at a traditional ballet. It was amazing.

We saw Paris Match by the Australian Ballet Company. The first act was Suite en Blanc, which is a French Ballet that is in traditional style with a bit of an edge. It was really elegant. The second act was Divergence, which is an Australian modern ballet. It still has the traditional movements, but the style itself is is rather modern. It was amazing and truly spectacular. The lighting really complemented the dance. Overall the dancing was breathtaking and the music was superb.

I've been inspired and I want to go to another ballet. I'm thinking perhaps Sleeping Beauty, which is being performed in September...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fantastic. I've only been to a couple .... inc Sleeping Beauty, so highly recommended! (although, it was a number of years back now).

    ReplyDelete