Sunday, January 9, 2011

Our first step to becoming self-sufficient

Okay, I'll admit, we're a very long way from being self-sufficient and will probably never get there, but we have decided to attempt to grow some veggies.

We bought some pots that fit on our tiny, previously-useless balcony along with some seedlings and seeds and today we planted them out. So far we have leeks, silverbeet, winter-harvest broccoli and brussel sprouts. 
Seeds

The landscaper starts on our back and front yards tomorrow. I can't wait for that to be finished!

I've started putting up my photos of my project 365. So now you can look here to see my daily photos.

1 comment:

  1. I am really looking forward to having our own veg & herbs again. It has been quite a few years now. I hope they work!!

    ReplyDelete