Friday, June 18, 2010

30 days to change my life

I was reading a Marie Claire recently and there was an article about how you can make a small change to the way you do things over 30 days and it could have a lasting impact on your life. One woman called her Mum every day and it improved their relationship. Another woman decided to eat every meal off a plate (rather than on the go out of a take away container) and it gave her extra time to communicate and bond with her fiance.

This got me thinking about something that I could do to improve my life. I want to set myself a challenge to eat my evening meal at the dining table (or restaurant table if I'm out) every day for 30 days. Paul and I do this sometimes and I really enjoy it when we do, but too often we get slack and sit on the couch and watch tv or a movie and don't really interact with each other.

Although I don't think this will have a lasting impact on the quality of my life, I think I will enjoy the extra time spent with my husband and also the chance to appreciate and savour the food I spend all that time cooking.

My 30 days starts tomorrow 19th June and will end 18th July.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great thing to do. I might have to do this but do some sort of fitness each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a good one to do, Dubbie. If you do it, let me know how you feel.

    Well, I've already slipped on this one. I got lazy last night and completely forgot about it. I'll have to start again from tonight and perhaps I'll pop some post-it notes around the kitchen so I don't forget again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We almost always eat together, sitting down at the table. I think having kids just sort of forces some habits onto people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Wanz!

    Perhaps I was subconsciously thinking of that article when I signed up for Dry July??

    ReplyDelete