Monday, September 28, 2009

An Epic Battle and other footy cliches

Saturday's Grand Final was AWESOME! Such a fantastic game of footy. It helps that I wanted Geelong to win, but I wouldn't have been upset had St Kilda won.

We played our usual sweeps/drinking game. I was a lot more sober than I should have been at the end of the day since I had Joel Corey and Brendon Goddard who won me the pool. I guess they must really blend in.

We had lots of great food and I ended up eating way too much! There were home made party pies and sausage rolls, seven layer dip, guacamole, antipasto, beer nuts and loads of chips. There were also my grand final cupcakes - pictures to come later.

Unfortunately I don't have any photos of the day at this stage, but will hopefully be getting some from Ali and Carter. I'm sure Tash will put hers on Facebook at some point.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds so very yummy! can't wait for some food pics and a recipe for the dip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great game. even us non AFL people were getting excited. I was barracking for Geelong so.... woot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the food pictures!!!

    It was such a nerve wracking match. Was just TOO MUCH for us!

    ReplyDelete