Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The White Album Concert

I'm behind in my posts again, so will be back-dating this and probably some other posts.

Went to the White Album concert at Hamer Hall on Monday 3rd August. Wow! The most amazing concert for so many reasons.

Firstly, there are so many awesome songs on the Beatles White Album. Okay, there are some really weird ones too, but lots of great ones.

Secondly, you can't go wrong with four of Australia's best rock musicians - Chris Cheney, Phil Jamieson, Tim Rogers and Josh Pyke.

Thirdly, the venue has to be one of the best in Melbourne for sound quality. I wish all gigs could be in a place like Hamer Hall. The acoustics were amazing!

The highlight for me was Chris Cheney. Full Stop. That guy is amazing! His guitar solo in My Guitar Gently Weeps has to be the best solo I've ever seen. I was open mouthed. I've never found Chris Cheney particularly attractive, but at that moment I wanted to marry him and have his babies. I may have told Paul that one too many times. lol!

The other guys were also brilliant. Phil Jamieson's voice blew me away. As did his energy levels. That boy cannot sit sill. Tim Roger's charisma was awesome. I've heard that he's a bit of a pretentious wanker live, but didn't see that at all. He interacted with the audience and looked like he was having so much fun. He and Phil played up to each other when they were on stage together. Josh Pyke was awesome, but so much more quiet and staid than the others. Even though he was awesome, his performance tended to blend because he doesn't have the same live presence as the others.

I REALLY hope that this comes out on DVD/CD because I so want to relive this night!

Photos are here.

3 comments:

  1. It was an amazing concert, and a fantastic birthday present :-) If there is a DVD available, I know what the family will be getting for christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI - there is apparently a live concert CD in the works, from the white album concert website. Hope there is also a DVD cause their antics on stage helped with the alure of the concert.

    ReplyDelete