Sunday, August 2, 2009

Megsie's Visit Part 4: Beautification, Movies and Movida

I took last Monday of work so Megs and I could have a Girly Day together. For Megan's birthday, I bought her a voucher for the beauty spa nearby, so we spent the morning there having facials and hot stone massages. It was divine! I felt so relaxed afterwards and nearly fell asleep during the massage. I think I really need to have a relaxing beauty treatment on a regular basis. It's so lovely to be pampered and relax.

After the spa we went down chapel street to see Harry Potter in Gold Class. Because it was a Monday, it wasn't that much more expensive than the regular cinema, so it was well worth it. When the movie started, I realised that I hadn't seen the prevoius one, but I'd read the book. so I guess it didn' really matter. So much happened that I had totally forgotten about.

In the evening, we went for dinner at Movida. I had booked about 2 months in advance, and could still only get in on a Monday night. But you can understand why when you taste the food. It was delicious! It's tapas style, so tasting plates again. I think my favourite was the anchovies on croutons with smoked tomato sorbet. They were sooooo succulent and tender. Much better than supermarket variety anchovies.

I finished up with Churros and Pedro Ximenez cherry. Two of my favourites. The Churros were really tasty and the chocolate sauce was really rich. Paulie drank the chocolate sauce after I'd finished dipping into it.
27/07/09 Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the perfect day to me! THat dessert looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete