Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Idea in Chinatown

I'm sure I could come up with a funnier/catchier/cleverer title to this post, but I don't have the brain power at the moment.

Megs was in Melbourne last night because of work. So we decided to do dinner at Idea Fine Food and Wine in Chinatown. I'd originally wanted to go try Coda, which had been featured in my Gourmet Traveller, but unfortunately because it was a Monday night, Coda was closed along with what seemed like half of Melbourne. So I flicked through the pages of my Entertainment Book and found this restaurant. Turned out to be a great choice. A fine dining, Chinese restaurant with a decent wine list and food/wine matchings. As it turned out, it was a very good choice.

The food was really yummy and pretty good value. We had tasty Wagyu beef dumplings, Peking duck that was both tender and crispy, tender, peppery lamb, succulent pork cheek, and I couldn't resist the fried red soybean icecream for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment