Sunday, June 10, 2012

Crochet

I think I mentioned previously that crochet was my new hobby... 

It's coming along pretty well. I've completed a scarf and a shawl for myself, two hats for baby Morgan and I'm currently part way through a blanket and another scarf for myself.

Here's the shawl. It's crocheted in a 2ply 50% silk merino blend and hand dyed. It feels amazing.



This is the scarf. It's a spiral pattern, so it's kind of a cross between a scarf and a wrap. It's crocheted in 2ply 100% merino and is so soft. 




When I first started learning to crochet, I started out making granny squares for a blanket. I got a bit sick of them, so stopped. I've gone back to them a couple of times between other projects. They just get a bit tedious - mainly because my tension was so tight when I first started, so it makes my hands sore trying to match the tension. I do really like the colours though, so I do want to finish it... one day :)



My latest project is a scarf for myself. The yarn is an 8ply alpaca silk blend and is gorgeous. A friend from work bought me a skein to say thank you for helping her out. I started out making fingerless gloves with the yarn, but I wasn't happy with the pattern and after ripping it back twice, I decided that a small scarf would be better. It's kind of evolved from there as I went and bought some more yarn and will now make a longer scarf and edge it in silver scallops.



And this last picture is for Mum.... I ordered 200g balls of machine washable wool from Bendigo Woollen Mills online shop. The first order has arrived and I'm now waiting on the second. Dad, if you're reading this - the yarn is at bargain prices, so I'm saving you money here!


No comments:

Post a Comment