Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Other things that have been happening

I bought a kindle, which is great for reading on the tram! I can't praise it highly enough. For more info, check out the amazon.com website.
2011-01-24_654a

Our little seedlings haven't fared too well - our fault no doubt because we have no idea what we're doing. Some of them seem to be doing okay. They've now been planted out in bigger pots on the balcony. Some of them have started growing proper leaves.
 2011-01-25_658a

The silverbeet and the leeks are looking really good though. Perhaps I should stick with buying seedlings rather than seeds!
2011-01-28_690a

We've been able to tick one more thing off the list of things to do around the house - we've had a retractable fly screen installed in the french doors in our bedroom. Now we can leave the doors open for the evaporative air conditioning and we don't get mozzies or flies inside. 
2011-01-27_688a

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking of buying myself an e-reader later this year. I need to do more research. I have kindle envy :-)

    We always bought seedlings, it's easier and more plants seem to survive. Also you're keeping a production nursery worker in a job :-)

    Yeah for flyscreens....... and airconditioning :-)

    ReplyDelete