Friday, October 15, 2010

One Sleep 'til Frenchland

Now that I've got the Beastie Boys song reference out of the way, I can get on with the blog. 'No sleep 'til Brooklyn' for those of you who were playing along at home.

We're so close to starting out on our adventure. One more day of work ahead of us and one more sleep, then a whole lot of last minute packing and we'll be on the way to the airport.

There are only a couple of hitches... 1) There may be an air traffic controller strike in France the day before we land. Fingers crossed it doesn't extend across 2 days and delay or redirect our flight. I guess this is why you take travel insurance out, so if we are redirected, we can get a hotel in whatever city we land in. 2) There are oil refinery strikes in France so there's limited petrol, which means we might only have minimal use of the hire car. I guess we'll just have to wait and see with that one.

Whatever happens, we'll end up in France - the land of good wine, good cheese and good bread. Even if we just have to stock up on all three and relax in the countryside, I'm sure it will be a fabulous holiday.

While we're away, I'll try my best to check in every now and again and make you all ridiculously jealous with a photo and a story, but if we don't it's because we're having too much fun to turn on a computer.

Take care and miss me terribly ;)

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful trip! I hope you do get a chance to post. I haven't heard that the strikes have let up, but my news source is likelier to report about the strikes than that they are over--that's not as exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing you already :-) Have a great trip, travel safely and don't carry any packages for strangers.... sorry it's the Mum in me coming out.
    I want to see lots of food photos so I can drool.

    ReplyDelete