Monday, September 20, 2010

The Countdown is On

It's less than a month until we fly to France. Yay! I should really look at putting one of those countdown ticker thingos in the sidebar.

Paul and I have been pretty busy lately, so we haven't made any progress with the house and as a result I don't have any more photos to add. I do have an awful lot of other photos that I need to put up that date back to June!!! I'm just waiting for a big stretch of free time so I can get to them.

On Friday night, our friend Tash took us out to dinner as a thank you for letting her crash at our place when she was between houses recently. Tashy booked the restaurant and kept the location secret until we arrived at the door. It turned out to be the Press Club (George Calombaris's restaurant) and it was fabulous. Yay! We did the degustation and wine matching. It wasn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but it was fantastic, so a massive thanks to Tash for taking us there and shouting us such awesome food!!! I didn't take any pics, but Tashy did and hopefully it won't take too long to appear on her blog Melbourne Boozehag.

On Saturday, Paulie and I stood in a queue for ages so I could buy a new camera. Then when we got to the front of the queue, we found out they didn't have that model or the lens in stock, so we had to order it in. Disappointing!! And now that I don't have it, I'm worried about whether or not I've done the right thing. Aaarrgghh!! Nikon are just about to release a new model, but it will be when we're on holiday, so I won't be able to get the duty free, and Nikon are doing cashback on the model we purchased, so this will be significantly cheaper than the newer model, but it does mean that it's out of date before we've even got it home. But because it's already much newer than my current camera, I know that I'll see a massive difference in the picture quality. Much higher megapixels for starters, better sensor for another and this one takes HD video too. So I guess I'm really overthinking it and it's going to be awesome, but I wish that I had it in my hands so I could know just how awesome it is.

So that's the not-so-brief update on life in Melbs at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time in France. I'm sure you'll get your camera situation sorted out and will take lots of great pictures.

    ReplyDelete