Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Blogger is Back!

I've been awol for a little while now. It's been a busy time and I haven't really figured out how to organise all the little parts of my life at the moment.

My new job is going really well. I'm learning lots of new things and meeting new people. The change is really working for me and making me a happier person. At the moment I'm feeling like it's the right thing to do, but part of me is also thinking that I'm almost 30 and doing a job that I was practically doing when I was 20. I've just got to keep looking at the bigger picture and seeing that I'm building up my skillset and expanding my horizons and all of that junk. I also know that it will get more complex and I'll have to stay on top of everything and be really organised and the role will probably end up being what I make it so I just have to make it interesting.

I redesigned one of our websites while my boss was away last week. I'm just waiting to get his approval before it goes live and then I'll post the link here so you can admire my handy work. Just don't view it in IE6 or it'll look like crap.

Because I'm provided with my own computer at work and when I get home, I really don't feel like sitting in front of the computer, I'm not using my laptop very often, so I hardly see my outlook calendar. This is why my planning and organisation skills for my home life have gone out the window. I actually bought a paper diary recently, so I'm going to try and use that. Maybe I can keep it in my handbag.

I guess the other thing that people ask me about are our babies. The puppies are doing well. There are some snappy and growly moments, but they're settling and becoming further apart (the snappy moments that is, not the puppies). Morgan is a destructive beast. She's teething too, which isn't helping. After she destroyed most of the toys we've had around since Myf was a puppy, we've had to go out and buy a whole new collection - all of them with the words indestructible in front of them. Let me tell you now, they're lying!!! She's very cute though, which makes it hard to tell her off.

We're taking Morgan to obedience school. She had her first class last week and that went pretty well. Like Myf, she has difficulty focusing when we're around other dogs/people. She's the youngest in the class though, so she's doing pretty well to keep up with the bigger dogs. She does sit, drop, come (most of the time, although Myf's taught her selective hearing) and we're teaching her 'look' this week - that's part of our homework. I've already forgotten what the rest of our homework is. OOPS!

Well, I'm about to start putting up some of the photos from our Coffin Bay holiday (finally). I'll organise them into subject headings, and just give brief descriptions since I've already done the whole holiday story.

No comments:

Post a Comment